Safety Training for Swim Coaches
This training addresses aquatic safety for competitive swim coaches and officials, athletic trainers,
athletes participating in aquatic activities, aquatic exercise trainers, and other individuals involved in
aquatic competition or exercise programs.
What You Will Learn
- Guidelines for responsible coaching and professional conduct as it relates to swimmer safety.
- Legal responsibilities of the coach in swimmer safety and protection
- Safety considerations that are paramount in planning athlete training and swim practices in
pools, on dry land and in open water situations.
- Safety rules and guidelines that must be followed when teaching and practicing racing starts.
- Components of an emergency action plan and how to activate it.
- Common swimming-related injuries and their potential causes.
- How to perform basic assists to aid a swimmer in distress.
- How to recognize and care for possible head, neck, or back injuries.
Very important. You must cancel two (2) business days before the start of the course to receive a full
refund. Cancellations the day before and the day of will result in a $20 equipment fee. No refund for
no-shows. Please double check that you are able to attend every class session for the full time as
there are NO MAKE UPS unless previously arranged.
Participants must be 15 years old and comfortable in chest-deep water.
What is Successful Completion?
1. Participants must show up on time and for every class. If you miss a class you will not be able to
pass the course.
2. Active participation is required in every class.
3. Ability to successfully execute all physical skills.
4. Pass written exams with an 80% or higher.
|Pioneer High |
School, San Jose
|Safety Training |
for Swim Coaches
Valid for 3 years
Our mission: To explore, educate, and sustain.